Monday, May 11, 2009

Ran Out of Road

I had intended on completing a make up 5 mile walk today. As I headed down the trail I found myself getting squirrely at the thought of heading down the trail. . . AGAIN so I turned off at the bridge near to the pub and made my way back toward home on a path on the other side of the canal that I didn't even know existed. After half a mile, it ended so I made my way along the winding roads through the farm land. It was a very cheerful walk, if a bit blustery, until the roads narrowed and I began to pray to any and all gods that I wouldn't get run over by a car that couldn't see me through the hedge!!! Thankfully, I managed to avoid any major damage and only suffered some scratches from the prickly bushes.

I turned toward home once I reached Boltoph's Bridge and noticed that the miles just didn't add up. Not enough road when I make it up as I go along. As that was the case, I'll have to tack 1.25 miles on to tomorrow's walk to put things to right. That means only 7.25 miles left of training- never thought I'd see the day when I'd say 'only 7 miles.'

3.76 miles - 7,052 steps - 49:42.53

No comments:

Post a Comment